Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Fall - lilypond is fun.

As the title says, I've been brushing up on my lilypond, which is like LaTeX for sheet music.

A long time ago (Somewhere in the whereabouts of december last year) I promised my sister to write a duet for two flutes so we could play it together. Well, since then I've worked out several iterations of ideas that all ended up dying (Due to various reasons, dying phones and laptops being some of them).

However, now I think I've got something that I'll stick to as the main theme for one of the three or four parts that the piece will have. Working title for this part: Fall (Originality can always be forced onto the title later).








Yeah, so I didn't quite work out the accidentals and phrasing for the second part yet, but so far, it's a start. I had actually recorded it at first, but then when I was finally happy with how I thought it had sounded, it turned out my microphone had not been turned on... Figures.
By then it was also quarter past ten so I couldn't really continue without seriously annoying half the neighbourhood. Anyway, after that I decided to brush up on my lilypond and show this thing instead.

Updates are ready to be installed. Goody.

No comments:

Post a Comment